My training plan is totally devised myself and while it would be good, I think more structure is required so I have picked up an online guide from one the magazines which starts 12 weeks out - I am going to stick to this to the letter and it should get me through! Its fair to say my training regime pushes me too hard in terms of intensity - this plan will slow me down and therefore hopefully not tire me out too much!
As for my hip - its not actually my hip - its my right glute, plenty of tennis ball massage and no running this weekend should see it right again and I will get back to running next week! There is a slim chance I may have a spot in the London Marathon (hopefully confirmed later) not ideal on the 17th April but I will treat it as training and just bimble round and soak up the experience! Anyway we'll see if that works out!
So to answer my previous questions: -
- Can I really be bothered with the next 5 months of training? Nope, but I am going to do it anyway and be determined to enjoy it - I am lucky I can do it!
- Am I pretending to be something I'm not? (a triathlete) Yes...but who cares
- Is this really what I want to spend much more of my life doing? ...its less than 5 months timmy...you're gonna live forever!
- I train hard and the gains aren't that big..... don't be such a plank
- I'm losing a lot of the fun from my life yeah but it will be worth it
- Have I made a massive mistake?? I'll let you know in less than 5 months time