Thursday, December 2, 2010

November Update...

I was toying with the idea of not doing this November update because there isn't a great deal to say really...but then I remembered that some people literally can't wait for the next update in this relentess pursuit of perfect athletiscm (ahem), so this is for all of you most ardent supporters!

Basically the day after I sent the last one out, I got ill again details here: -

http://ironmantd2011.blogspot/2010/11/apology.html

Long story short: - I get dizzyness which means I am pretty much useless for a week or two!

Anyway that meant for the first two weeks of November I managed a paltry 3 hours of training! Soon I was better though I was flying and managed to fit in a total of 19 hours in total including a fast (for me) 10 miler and lots and lots of running and swimming! Also did a great brick session (two sessions back to back) in the forest - mountain biking in to a run!

Thats it, thats all I am saying regarding November - its in detail on my blog!

So looking ahead I have booked in some races: -

January 16th - Rough 'n' Tumble 10 - a 10 mile x-country race over big hills
March 6th - Mad March 20 - a 20 mile race near Christchurch
April 7th - Wiggle Sportive - 83 mile cycle event that I will time trial again
May 1st - Neolithic Marathon - race between avebury (I think) & stonehenge -
May 9th - Try a Tri - first triathlon I did last year....again
June 26th - Forestman - the big one!

I may add a half marathon to that this sunday but that depends on whether there is any rugby on Saturday! If anyone fancies joining me on any of the above then please do!

I need to start doing some more cycling, I've been casting odd sideways looks at both bikes while wheeling out the mountain bike as this is the key to Ironman racing however the weight loss and general fitness that I am currently getting from swimming and running will only help in the long run!

In the meantime, thank you for all your continued support and please keep the donations coming in :-

www.justgiving.com/timdonell & www.justgiving.com/timdonell1

Just need a little bit more to hit £1,000 before Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I had a poor November too mileage-wise, but you're way ahead of me in your race planning. Good luck in your build-up to the Ironman. You just make me wish I'd started earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thanks though I'm not sure I will ever get close to your speed! I will keep plugging away though

    ReplyDelete